Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Countdown

The Countdown has begun for our Guatemala trip. Here's a picture of my long to-do list... This week is getting kind of crazy with the attempt to get everything done that must be done. Year End tasks at work are absorbing my time and energy, and frustrations. Technology is NOT cooperating with me this week. Yesterday we had a "Packing Meeting" with the other folks going. Since we are each allotted 2 suitcases on the plane, 1 of those is designated for supplies. So it was the "supplies" suitcases that we were packing. Among some of the items were around 100 teddy bears, 100 Max Lucado "You Are Special" books in Espanol, hats, tshirts, crafts, and carnival supplies that we packed. It was fun seeing all of the things we take, and really got us excited about the trip. These kids are going to have a blast with the activities that are planned! I'm trying to keep my sanity through all of the busy-ness of this week. We leave on Saturday. Before then, I will post a link to the blog that will be updated frequently on the trip by my cousin Tod. That way, you can follow along with our mission.

No comments: