Monday, August 25, 2008

What in the world?

We think it was a tiny, fried monkey-hand mixed in with our calamari at dinner. Rick and I enjoyed a date-night at Landry's in West End. We hadn't seen each other much during the weekend (due to Women of Faith) so it was nice relaxing outside on the patio and catching up on everything. Aside from the invasion of the monkey hand, our dinner was delicious. Although I'm sure our waitress thought we were freaks since we were snapping pictures and making poses with the suspicious little paw. Previous to dinner, we visited with Dick and Barbara Ivey and said our goodbye's to them. They're moving to Arizona for a new phase in life/work. Rick made a pretty powerful statement after we left the party. He said:
"I wouldn't be where I am in my life - career, spiritual, emotional - without having known Dick Ivey."
That's pretty powerful. I'm so glad Rick has known the Ivey's. We will be praying for them in this new phase of their life.

No comments: