Friday, August 29, 2008

Weekend, ahoy!

It's the end of the workweek.... and a weekend has never looked better! Rick and I have no official plans this weekend to keep us busy. Lot's of "unofficial" plans though. 1. Taylor is home from college this weekend. I'm anxious to spend some time with him. 2. Anniversary reception for a couple in our church tomorrow. The big 50! 3. Church activities on Sunday 4. Bath for the doggie. She's stinky. (Rick, that's your job.) 5. Mow the lawn. (Again, Rick - that's you.) Ok, now for the exciting news. Exactly 1 MONTH from today, we'll be on vacation. The picture below is 2 years old... but we'll be on the same boat. And Rick will get to wear his loud, obnoxious vacation shirt once again!

We're really looking forward to a few days of R&R. The last few months have been so very busy, physically and spriritually. God has been working on my heart - carefully teaching me and humbling me - placing me in situations that require self-introspection, creating tension in my heart, and that results in growth. And it may sound bad, but the truth is... I'm tired.

I'm looking forward to a get-a-way from the daily stresses of managing 3 businesses. We both need some time to rest and take inventory of our goals. Gasp! Did I just mention goals? Me, the one who refuses to set a goal because of fear of failure?

If I'm willing to look at goals, maybe God's working undercover in areas I didn't know about!

Oh my goodness: I just realized that this is a Holiday weekend. No work on Monday! How about shouting a big "Yee-haw" with me!

No comments: