Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sunday update

Well, Rick and I were just about to head to Dallas when the dreaded call came... Ring-ring.... This is the answering service at Dogwood Estates Water Company. Someone mowed over one of your meters and water is gushing... yada-yada-yada. There goes our afternoon! Rick changed into his work clothes and headed out to meet our workcrew. Workman, actually. Just one. Hopefully, he'll get Armando started on the repair and then race back to pick me up. We're supposed to be at a going-away party for a dear friend, Dick Ivey. Dick has been Rick's mentor for years. We'll get to visit with lots of friends from Rick's past... that's always fun. So hurry home, Rick! Here's something cool - Taylor came home last night... briefly! He was in town just for a couple of hours before heading back up to UNT. I miss that boy so much. He's only been gone a week, and there were weeks that went by before where I didn't see him. But this is different. He's on his own now, making choices and stretching those wings out. I have a feeling that my prayer life is about to change. Know what I mean? Update... Rick just called. He's getting Armando started on replacing the water meter and will be heading this way shortly. Yea! That means we can resume our plans.

No comments: