Monday, July 21, 2008

A Good Time Had By All...

"MAMMA MIA"
What a weekend! As per my previous post, some details must remain confidential.... but what I can tell you is this:

The movie was fantastic! I highly recommend you see it. Immediately. Leave work now, go directly to the theatre, do not pass go, etc.




Other events of the weekend included, but not limited to:

First ever visit to an Estate Sale. Interesting... but a bit too "stuffy" for us bargain hunters.

Chicken Spaghetti's (yes, plural!) for my freezer. Actually, one is to give away. Here is a pic of the "chefs."

We'll open the bid at $20.00.


Letterboxing in the Cemetery. If you have never looked into this hobby, go to http://www.letterboxing.org/ Search for your city and there may be a treasure hunt for you! What's neat is that you learn a bit of history about the area and find something that is "hidden" from plain sight. The letterbox that is hidden in our Cemetery is about Jess Sweeten, past Sheriff and Legend.






Home Cooked breakfast with fresh "strained" juice. That's right, "strained." Only a mother would remove the icky pulp from orange juice for her daughter!



Lots of fun and hysterical things happened this weekend that I won't bore my readers with... But there is one thing certainly worth mentioning. Maybe you'll agree:


When I spend the night at Mom and Dad's, there is such an overwhelming feeling of warmth. As I drifted to sleep Friday night, my mind tried to figure it out.

I wasn't in the house that I grew up in, nor was I surrounded by my childhood belongings. That would be a surefire way to feel "at home." But I felt so completely at home, tucked away warm and cherished. And before you ask - Of course, I feel that at my own home, with my husband and family.... a million times over.

But this was a different kind of "home." This was the delightful innocence of being someone's little girl. Loved, adored, treasured. No matter how old I get.

No comments: