Monday, July 7, 2008

Figurin' it out...


Last night we stayed in the farm house.

Our A/C went out back at home, so the choice was made for us. No problem... we needed an excuse to work on the farm house. Slowly, we are moving household items over from house A to house B. Only items that won't leave house A looking "empty." They say that a house will sell better if it looks lived in. But not TOO lived in.

Rick worked on his project of installing an antenna at the farm house. We're too cheap for cable, although I expect we'll buckle once the Mavs season starts up. I snapped this picture as I watched him "figurin' it out."

We are anxious to sell our house so that we can live in Athens. It's not because I EVER imagined myself living in Athens again, but more as a means to accomplish more with our life. It makes practical sense right now for us. But more, we both believe this is what God wants us to do. However, we will both miss living in our current neighborhood. What I struggle with most is being patient. And wondering if it will ever sell? With the housing market as it is, etc.

God can make it happen - and I have to continually pray that it be in HIS time, according to HIS plan. Maybe He's got something else we need to do in our neighborhood before we move this way. Who knows?

It's hard not to get so caught up in MY goal that you forget WHY I made it to begin with. My focus needs to remain on pleasing God with my life. And for now, when I'm at home, that's at House A. Maybe it will be House B soon.

Until then, I'll be daily "figurin' it out."

P.S. Want to know something funny? The A/C on House B went out sometime last night. I think God has a sense of humor...

No comments: