Wednesday, June 2, 2010

More questions

In the midst of my busy day, I clicked over to the blog I've been reading from Ben and Katie (in Haiti.) They have been in Haiti for 5 months. Since just before the earthquake.   http://www.benandkatieinhaiti.com/

Katie's post entitled "Questions" on Monday, May 31st really touched me.

She has more questions now than before. I like her honesty in admitting that she doesn't know, doesn't have a clue. I admire her candidness and transparency. Tough questions that deserve answers... but those answers may never come. Not in this life-time.

Her words reminded me today of the fragile lives we live. And that there are more important things going on than my cluttered desk, backlog of bills to pay, and technology frustrations.

The little girl she wrote about on her post entitled "Last Day of School" (just below the aforementioned post) is more important than all my busy little things. The encouragement and love that the fellow teachers poured out on this little girl could be a HUGE defining moment in her life.

I want to be more about those moments and less about the petty things that get my feathers ruffled.

No comments: