Monday, June 21, 2010

We're back!

We returned from the House of Hope in Puerta Lempira, Honduras, late Friday night.

Thank you for your prayers while we were gone!  We had no major mis-haps and found the trip full of blessings over and over again.

God has a special place in his heart for these children, and I feel honored to have been with them for a week. They are so precious. Everytime I would find myself getting tired or frustrated or overwhelmed, I would remind myself of how God is especially fond of these little ones. That thought somehow would give me the boost to keep on keeping on.

I did bring back a Honduran illness, however... so I've been down for a couple of days. But below is a picture of what I would have rather brought home with me. Isn't his smile cute???  This is Edius. I have no idea how to spell his name, I'm just spelling it phonetically. Two years ago we called him Pedro!  (Katrina, if you read this, please post a comment as to how to spell his name!Thanks!)



I will write about the trip when I'm feeling better. But for now, I thought I'd post a couple of pictures. Below is Rick and Umana, one of the girls we met 2 years ago. She has grown, and is doing very well!

Below is Collin, with Tiersa, Edius (my favorite little guy) and his brother Arnold. Collin is showing them a magic trick with disappearing coins.

I am working on my write-up of the trip, but am still decompressing from it. Had to jump right into work mode today with two funerals, plus all the catchup work to do. Hopefully, I'll have a full report online in the next week.

If you are on facebook, you can see all of the pictures uploaded to my page there. I'll put some short video clips up as well on my facebook site.   http://www.facebook.com/kristenbrown123

No comments: