Sunday, May 30, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

Above, Taylor, Rick and Collin relax at the cabin while the steaks grill. 


The boys celebrated Fathers Day earlier this week with Rick. Taylor had a couple days off work, and is between semesters in Denton, so he graced us with his presence. We had a great evening grilling steaks and hanging out. I can't believe how time has flown. 

In the picture below, the boys are celebrating Fathers Day 2003. They are so cute and little!

 

Ok, I don't have much to write about...Yesterday, I took a day off from life. The only thing I accomplished was mowing the backyard and faxing an interment order to a funeral home. Other than that, I parked it on the couch with the remote, my book, and the dog. It was a wonderful day!

After church today is Tiffany's baby shower for Skyla Brooke. It's not the best weekend to try and pull of a baby shower, given the holiday, so I hope we have a good turnout.

We're on the countdown for our Honduras trip. Leave in  9 days... Collin is going with us this time, just like Taylor did a couple of years ago. I'm a little anxious about being gone for 10 days with no communication back to the office. Given all the water problems we've encountered lately, it's a bit scary. So I'm praying that all the water problems are behind us now. 

Above  is my favorite picture from our last trip. I wonder if those girls are still there? Netti, in the pink dress had the best laugh in the world.  She was mischievious, and you could just tell by her laugh. AnaMaria, in the middle, was a sweetheart, and Umana, on my left - she was so quiet, but always by my side. She wanted attention so bad! 

I guess I better get on with my day.

Happy Memorial Day Weekend to all of you. Let us not forget to pause and remember those who have sacrificed for our great country.

No comments: