Thursday, March 26, 2009

Staying Afloat

Rick and I took a long weekend vacation just down the road at a little cabin. We called it our "steakation" for obvious culinary reasons. And, thanks to Uncle Lee, we were supplied heartily for the occasion. What started out being just Friday night quickly expanded into Saturday and Sunday nights... It was just THAT GOOD. My goal was to "get bored." I wanted to NOT think about work or the many things that I've been fretting about. Sunday afternoon, I achieved the goal. We sat outside on the patio practically all day. It was so relaxing and wonderful. Here's a glimpse of our little haven. And yes, that's Roxie hanging out on the patio table with us.
  • Morning coffee - on the front deck
  • Catch up on the newspapers - on the front deck
  • Read a few chapters in a new book - on the front deck
  • Take a walk down by the lake
  • Beat Rick in a game of checkers - on the front deck
  • Eat leftover steak from the night before - on the front deck
  • Lose to Rick in a game of Hold 'Em - on the front deck
  • Read more - on the front deck
  • Take another walk and settle down in a swing by the lake
  • Read more - on the front deck
  • Grill more steak and dine by candlelight - on the front deck
  • Settle in to watch a movie
  • Sleep. It just doesn't get any better than that!
If you look closely in the picture below, you can see a little squirrel head in the hole. I'm a country girl.. but this was so exciting to me. Guess I really did get bored! I haven't forgotten about my last day in Guatemala to post. It was the "fun day" of visiting Tikal and zip-lining through the jungle. Keep watching for it. Soon...

No comments: