Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Neat and Orderly

Our days have been pretty busy the last few days, and I'm finding myself significantly overwhelmed. It seems cliche to say, but I am concerned with the Economy. I'm seeing unemployment, tightened budgets, and the housing/mortgage crisis all first hand. Not all within my own life, but within the lives of people I know. It's different when the change goes from watching it on the news to actually seeing it in the lives of those you love. I've had some frustrations and concerns related to our own personal Brown Family economy, and daily I need to remind myself of how very blessed and gifted we are. Wow... I get overwhelmed when I think "Why Me?" Why was I so lucky to have been born into the American luxury that I sometimes complain about? Sometimes, when I get overwhelmed and stressed, I find myself cleaning my desk off. Or reorganizing the pantry. Or fine-tuning the arrangement of the place mats on the kitchen table to be at perfect right angles. Ok... I'll stop now. But you get the picture. So when Rick installed the new switch at the office, in his typical organized fashion, I felt REALLY good. Each cord was precisely in its place, numbered and securely fastened together. No more "rats nest" of unlabeled cables taunting me in unfashionable disarray. Yes! I think I will sleep good tonight knowing that at least one area of my life is neat and orderly.

No comments: