Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

We've been busy this weekend, and it's been so nice having a couple of days off work! I've got several pictures to post, so get ready.
Brief recap:
Wednesday night we went over to Ronnie & Patsy's to peel 42 boiled eggs and carve 3 Greenberg turkeys. And the night wouldn't have been complete without the oven fire we battled...
4 Turkeys?
Thursday was TurkeyDay back at Ronnie & Patsy's. There were about 30 or so family that came. Patsy chased Rick with the sweet potatoes, and caught up with him in his truck... as you can see below. And I think he's still making a face in the next picture at the dinner table.... We had lots of fun.
And here's Uncle Vernon explaining something... about deer. Not really sure,
but isn't he cute?
Ok, on to Friday! Rick and I braved Walmart and Lowe's mid-morning. We missed most of the crowd, but not all. Kind of crazy to get out. The best deal I got was on a paper-shredder I needed for the office. Sorry, no picture here for that.
Friday night was the Bush - Bess family Thanksgiving. We all gathered at Lee & Susan's. Mom has all of those pictures, so I can't post those... We missed Craig & Carolyn (who were in Waco.) But the rest of us enjoyed the company and shared about recent mission trips we had been on. I couldn't help but think Granddad and Granny were smiling down on their grandkids. I sure do miss them.
Saturday Rick and I started the morning off with helping to "hang the greens" at church. Here is Rick up on the ladder putting the top on the tree.
We then raced off to Tyler to meet up with mom and dad. They treated us to a movie "Australia," which I would highly recommend. It's LONG... topping out at over 2.5 hours. And in true epic form, it really could have ended at about 5 different places along the plot line. But it really was very good and well written. We enjoyed it.
Dinner at Sam's Club finished out our evening. LOVE strolling the aisles and sampling the fare. I'm a cheap date, what can I say?
Tomorrow we have plans to head to First Monday - Canton - after church. Oh... and in church tomorrow the first of our Honduras video's will play. It's just a 3 minute teaser... created to challenge our congregation to have a slim Christmas, and give to Jesus' birthday instead of each other. I'm hoping to get a copy of the video to post up on my blog. I have about a 5 second spot in it.
The real video will play on Christmas Eve. That version will have Taylor and Rick, and the rest of the team. I can't wait to see it!
I guess that's enough for now... I'll try and get some pictures of the Bush - Bess Family Thanksgiving in the next few days.

No comments: