Friday, December 11, 2009

My favorite ornament, Cowboy Group, and tennis


Here is a picture of my favorite Christmas tree ornament. Mother hand-made this little gingerbread man in 1972, and it has always hung on our tree. A few years ago, she let me pick some of my favorite ornaments from the family tree and place them on the Brown family tree. This was the first one I chose.

I've got pictures of some of my other favorite ornaments and will share them over the next couple of weeks. Last year, a friend of mine posted a picture every day in December of a different ornament on their tree. I'm partially borrowing that idea here (thanks, Chris!) EXCEPT, I know I won't be posting every day. I'm just not that disciplined.

And speaking of friends, the Cowboy Group celebrated Christmas together last night. We enjoyed a savory steak dinner at the Club, and then a fun gift exchange. Here is our group picture for the year.


2009 Christmas picture. Love this group of friends! Love, love, love them!

And just for fun, below is the picture from last year's Christmas party. Tiffany was pregnant, very pregnant, in the picture and you can see the product of that in the picture (above) from this year. Funny thing... she's pregnant again this Christmas. Just not showing like she was last year. Congrats, Tiff!


2008 Christmas picture (with funny faces)

Ok... We are heading out to spend the night in Dallas tonight. Collin is playing at 8am in a tennis tournament, and thanks to mom's rewards points, we'll not have to drive from Athens EARLY in the morning. (Thanks mom...)  Really looking forward to watching Collin play tomorrow. He's really great!

1 comment:

Chris said...

Please, borrow away. We have a few new ones that I should post on my otherwise defunct blog.