Sunday, December 13, 2009

3 Wise Men and the Rockettes


The 3 Wise Men are a pretty close runner up for 1st place among my favorite ornaments. Granny needlepointed these in 1976. I love them so much... they remind me of my Granny.

Today we took my mother and Rick's mother to the Rockette's Christmas Spectacular. Lots of fun - I highly recommend it. "The Parade of the Wooden Soldiers" was by far my favorite - where they are dressed up as soldiers and march around in precision, ending it with their famous slow-motion fall back. Simply amazing! 

The last number of the show was called  "One Solitary Life" and involved a living Nativity. I read in the program that this presentaion has been a revered part of the Radio City Christmas Spectacular since 1933. We were all very impressed that the presentation of the true reason for Christmas has not been scrubbed out of the show over the years. It was a great way to end the program.

I'm off to finish some holiday baking now...

No comments: