Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Long Weekend... back to work

Why is it so hard to come back to work after a Holiday weekend? You'd think that if I loved my job, I'd want to come back! Let's assume I DO love my job... I just wanted another day off.

We made our maiden voyage to Frisco's Ikea this weekend, which is a city all unto itself. It was amazingly similar to the one in Germany, where my folks lived. But bigger. Like refrigerators, I suppose American Ikea's are larger than their European counterparts. After weaving through the miles and miles of pathways, we emerged at the end to a 30 minute checkout line! Crazy! There were tons of people there.

Hit feature for me was the 4x4 shopping carts. I actually googled "ikea shopping cart" and found that people either love or hate their carts. They are harder to get used to pushing, due to casters on all four wheels, and you can't do it with one hand... but they turn on a dime! And go sideways! That was my favorite part. I guess I'm easily entertained.

Collin scored his long ago promised new bedroom suit. In an effort to jazz him about the move to Athens, our cost was a modern looking bed and nightstand, shelves and a few knick-knacks for the wall. Fortunately, Ikea is pretty affordably priced.

Wouldn't you know that TODAY in the mail I received a $25 coupon for Ikea??? Arg, just a day too late!

Here is a picture of the Collin and his dad working on the frame.

And... then the gaggle of teenage arms and legs are those of Collin and his brother Taylor wrestling on the newly made up bed.

Tim and Tiffany, and Cade, came to visit us Monday evening. We grilled burgers at the cabin and the guys all went fishing. Except Cade, and he got to stay behind and chug a bottle. Boy, that little guy can down a bottle faster than I've ever seen!

I'm not sure what Cade is thinking in the picture below, because he kind of has that "deer in the headlights" look!

We enjoyed the company of our friends, and it was the perfect ending to a busy weekend.

No comments: