Thursday, April 9, 2009

Camping at the hospital

Below is a picture of Rick and his Mom dancing - I love this picture because it captures what Rick grew up doing... dancing with his Momma. Being the wife of a band member, Gladys would sit at the "band table" with the other wives every night. She taught Rick to dance, and you could say that he grew up on the dance floor. I guess Momma B danced just a bit too much, because her little knees have been giving her trouble. Today, Momma got herself a brand new knee! That sounds like it could be a Country Western song, doesn't it? I'm spending the night with her tonight at the hospital. I guess we're kind of having us a girls night out, complete with waitstaff and bedside service! She's going to be here 4 nights, and then will probably go to a rehab facility for a few days. She's pretty groggy and has been sleeping most of the day. The pain was pretty bad earlier, but it's under control for the time being. Other than that, the doctor said she did just fine, and would be up dancing again in no time! As for me, I'm armed with the following:
  • A book Dad got me from the library entitled "A Dog Named Christmas."
  • A travel Yahtzee game
  • My favorite Sudoku book
  • Computer (obviously) - this 5 star resort has free wifi!
  • 5 outdated newspapers - Thanks, Ronnie... I guess! :)
  • 5 hot tamales at the bottom of the box.
  • Oops, no hot tamales, now.

The blue genuine imitation leather recliner really is quite comfortable... If I say it enough times, I'll start to believe it. Right?

To be honest, I am glad to be here. I love Momma B so much, it's a privilege to be next to her tonight. It's nice to have some "forced" free time, sitting next to her and talking if she feels like it, or just holding her hand through the pain.

And I've got a to-do list to begin composing that will be a mile long. We are going to start moving our furniture out next week, etc.

ETC covers ALOT of things.

Better go for now. Gonna check out the cute male nurse that just walked in.

Just kidding, Rick! (123!)

No comments: