Sunday, February 8, 2009

End of the Weekend

I'm anxious to continue my daily report on the Guatemala trip... Next up is our day in Antigua - it was the day following the fabulous Carnival at Xela.
Perhaps I can write it later tonight. But for now, let me just quickly update our weekend.
Tiffany and Tim's babyshower was Saturday. They had lots of family in, and we had a blast playing those silly babyshower games... The guys were relegated to the garage putting together her glider rocker.
Rick and I then cleaned our house and left it in good order for Tim's parents to stay in overnight. I even left mints on the pillows for them! We high-tailed it to Athens to stay in the farmhouse for the night.
We dined with my folks at Arby's (about as nice as it gets in Athens!) Followed that with a movie from the RedBox vending machine at WalMart... yes, I know. I'm a cheap date.
We managed to get in a few hours work at the office today before heading back over to the Lake this afternoon. Taylor called from our garage reporting that his window would not roll up. So he and Rick are working on it this afternoon in the garage. Turns out the car is going to have to stay with us this week to get fixed at the Dealership. Thankfully, his Grandpa came through for Taylor and is providing a vehicle for him to get back up to UNT Denton tonight. We'll handle getting his car fixed this week for him, and when he comes home Friday, all should be well. Here's a picture of Taylor trying to figure out the window.
I'm finally feeling better - after 27 days of sickness, it's about time. I really miss my life, and it feels like I've been in a fog for SO long.
Rick's grilling steaks tonight, and we hope to have a quiet evening.

No comments: