Sunday, October 19, 2008

A Sunday Outing

My three men today on our outing! Rick, Collin and I drove up to Dallas after church this morning. Taylor drove down from Denton and we met up at Humperdinks.... The perfect venue for watching the Cowboy game together. Except that it wasn't the perfect game. 'Da Boys aside, My Boys still had a good time. The picture above was taken just after a riveting discussion about the way nachos should be made. We had differing opinions, didn't we, Collin? After lunch we rolled (yes, we were that full) over to the NorthPark Mall area. Taylor and Collin went their direction and Rick and I headed to Barnes & Noble. Quite possibly one of my most favorite places in the whole world. I love being surrounded by so many books, and being able to randomly pick up a few and peruse them as I sip an overpriced latte (truly, a guilty pleasure.) I found a couple of books that looked good. Namely: Dewey: The Small town Libray Cat Who Touched the World It's true! http://spencerlibrary.com/deweybio.htm /Read the description below and tell me you wouldn't want to read about this cool kitty! Dewey's story starts in the worst possible way. Only a few weeks old, on the coldest night of the year, he was stuffed into the returned book slot at the Spencer Public Library. He was found the next morning by Library Director Vicki Myron, a single mother who had survived the loss of her family farm, a breast cancer scare, and an alcoholic husband. Dewey won her heart, and the hearts of the staff, by pulling himself up and hobbling on frostbitten feet to nudge each of them in a gesture of thanks and love. For the next nineteen years, he never stopped charming the people of Spencer with his enthusiasm, warmth, humility (for a cat) and, above all, his sixth sense about who needed him the most. Suspense and Sensibility A lighthearted mystery novel featuring newlyweds Elizabeth Bennet and Mr Darcy...intriguing for any Jane Austen fan. True to my upbringing, I'm too cheap to buy books. Would much rather borrow or check out from the Library. Guess I'll have to add the above titles to my wish list at the Library. It's the end of the weekend, and I'm not ready for it to end. The purple bracelet is still on my wrist signifying that in my heart, I'm still on vacation. I think work is WAY over-rated. Alas, all good things have to come to an end, and I think we're going to snip the bracelets off tonight. But not before we planned another trip. We are in the middle of making plans for a trip to a quaint little fishing cabin. No matter that it's a quarter-mile from the office. It's still a get-a-way.

No comments: