Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Sad and happy

There is so much going on in the world that is disturbing... like the shooting at the healthclub yesterday. Can you believe that the man kept a blog online detailing exactly what he was going to do? I read the entire blog from an ABC news link. It was positively disturbing, and I wish I had not read it now. I am saddened that he felt so lonely, and that he felt he only had one option... how many people out there are just as lonely as him? I'm thanking God for the gift of friends and family and relationships in my life. So in an effort to get those disturbing images from my mind, I thought I'd share some happy pictures that make me smile. Pearson at his 3rd birthday party blowing out candles. He is such a sweetie! Pearson is the son of our good friends Mitch and Stacy. Day 1 of this baby Mockingbird's life. He obviously thought I was his momma. He was wrong. Reminded me of the book "Are You My Mother?" from childhood.... anyone remember that book? Trying on a ridiculous pair of sunglasses that promised HD vision... like I said, ridiculous! They did, however, have a magical power that made Rick dance around like the little 6-flags guy on commercials. I can hear him now... "More flags, more fun.... six flags!"

No comments: