Thursday, July 16, 2009

Sad stuff and happy stuff

I read a news blurb today that I regret reading. Really shouldn't have clicked on that link... and wish I could take it back. It was about a teenager that put a kitten in the oven and let it burn to death. I simply cannot fathom a person being so cruel and sick to ANY kind of animal. After reading that short, disturbing article, I had to look at a happy picture. Here is one of my doggie, Roxie, with Collin. This was several years ago - Collin has grown quite a bit, while Roxie looks pretty much the same. It troubles me to think about cruelty to animals. I wanted to cry after reading that article. But greater yet, what about the children or the elderly that are abused? You don't have to look very far to find real-life instances of these. Any kind of abuse of those that can't defend themselves really bothers me. Kudo's to those, like my friends Joe and Cathy, who work with CASA as child advocates. And likewise, I admire those people that spend their days caring for the elderly in nursing homes or group homes... providing for them with loving touches and warm smiles. That's all I have to say about that. On another note... Happy Birthday, Craig! I love you so much! Found these pictures... you haven't changed a bit in the last 49 years! (It is 49, right?) Ha!

No comments: