Saturday, January 16, 2010

Back from vacation, to the real world

We're back from vacation, went to work on Friday AND celebrated my 36th birthday. I'm now officially closer to 40 than to 30. Mother, in her infinite humor, decided that I needed raisen-bran muffins instead of my traditional choo-choo train cake.  Um, thanks mom. I think.



The Haiti earthquake happened while we were on the open seas of the Gulf, cruising away from Mexico. It certainly opened our eyes, taking the focus off of ourselves and onto others. I feel so burdened about the devasation, but I am encouraged by the amazing response of Americans.

It seems inappropriate to post pictures of our vacation, while so many in the world are fighting for their very life. So I'll just post a few of our favorites.

This picture is what I went for. To get my toes in the sand at our favorite place, Nachi Cocum. This was the ONLY day we had warm sunshine.


Self portrait on the same beach. The water was SO beautiful!


On ship... Rick, in usual form, taking to the dance floor!


Awwww, my sweetie!


And I think this is my favorite beach picture. Makes me wanna go back!

No comments: